Looking for a fun way to package some handmade cards, I adapted an old favorite by cutting two strips of paper at 5 inches by 12 inches. Both strips were scored at 2.5 inches from each end. The bottom edges were secured with sticky strip. After folding over a flap, I punched a semi circular opening with a 1/2 inch circle punch. A stack of 12 cards and envelopes was carefully tied with tulle which was threaded through the opening and tied into a fluffy bow. The stamp is a retired Plain Jane from Verve. It is stamped on a cross-stitched circle and layered with a heart doily and a stitched heart die from Simon Says Stamp.
Happy Friday! It's time for another Fun Friday Challenge at Jo's Scrap Shack where the theme is always Anything Goes. Please take time to see the design team's samples and to link up your own creations. It's always fun to see what you have to share!
I thought about calling this post "A Few of My Favorite Things" just to keep it in the holiday spirit. This image from Little Blue Button, Whimsy Flower, is one of my favorites. I decided to use lots of things I love: purple, sheer ribbon, stitched dies, and a basket weave embossing folder. I like the look, and it will make a blank note card for any occasion.
1. Please post a direct link to your blog post that includes your challenge entry project, using the linky tool below.
2. Be sure to include a link back to Jo's Scrap Shack and to the challenge post you are entering your project into
3. THREEentries per person are allowed for each challenge and you must post a separate blog post for each entry.
4. For all entries -NO BACK LINKS ACCEPTED- The date on your blog post should be dated between the start date & the end date for the challenge you are entering, in order to be eligible for the challenge & prizes
5. You may link up to other challenges but be sure to link back to Jo's Scrap Shack and to the challenge post you are entering
*All entries that do not meet the challenge requirements
WILL NOTbe eligible for the top 3, any sponsor wins or any random wins by Jo
All random wins will only be mailed within the US and Canada only.
Thanks so much for taking time to visit,
Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge 242 offered an opportunity to use one of my favorite techniques for Clean-and-Simple cards---the addition of score lines. Just a few raised lines can call attention to a focal image or sentiment in such a simple way. On this sunny afternoon, I had trouble getting the lines to make a clear appearance int he photo, but they look great "in person".
Thanks to a sweet crafter who kindly shared after organizing her creative space, I have a set of Spellbinders Distressed Edge Rectangles to enjoy. I used the largest two rectangles as layers to create an over-sized gift tag. The layout is from this month's Viva La Verve Sketch, and the images are from Verve, too: Coffee and Cup of Kindness.
Other dies are: Reverse Confetti's Tall Tag Trio and a Simon Says Stamp snowflake die.
Today, I followed the "eat dessert first" philosophy....crafting before lesson plans and party snacks that are needed tomorrow. After rewarding myself with some paper play time, I need to get busy.